To keep your home safe and secure while you’re taking a well-earned break do more than just lock your windows and doors. Follow these #10 security tips from the Queensland Police.
- Cancel any milk or paper deliveries
- Cancel or redirect any mail
- Ask a friend or neighbour to collect junk mail
- Disconnect electrical supply on electric garage doors
- Leave some clothing on the clothes line
- Ask a trusted friend to park a car in the driveway
- Arrange for a friend or neighbour to mow your lawn
- Arrange for a friend or neighbour to put out and collect your wheelie bins
- Use automatic timing devices to switch lights on and off
- Turn down the volume of your telephone
Once you’ve sorted all that you’ll need a holiday… don’t forget your toothbrush!