With spring beckoning humans and fur friends back outdoors, now is the time to pet-proof your garden. So put your best paw forward and try these tips from Houzz to ensure a happy pooch and happy humans.
- Distract from digging by creating diversions. Toys are an easy option but ramp it up with an outdoor obstacle course to tire your dog. Or try a ladder for your kitty to climb and scratch tree bark instead of the fly screens.
- Provide a kiddy pool for your pet pooch to cool off in summer, or a sprinkler set to a timer to entertain your dog even when you’re not home.
- Add a freshwater fountain that doubles as a garden feature and a water bowl.
- Build raised or covered garden beds to protect your fruit and vege plants.
- Fence off a specific section of the yard and consider pet-proofing it further by adding fake grass and paved or pebbled paths.