Property experts at Herron Todd White have looked across Australia to come up with their recommendations for where to invest $500,000.
Their results, published in the Australia Financial Review, show that Brisbane turns up a raft of options for the astute buyer.
The key is to identify properties close to amenities, transport and “unique qualities” that would appeal to tenants and drive demand, says Herron Todd White chief executive Brendan Hulcombe.
This is what you need to know:
- Aspley is the pick for house renovators.
- Boondall, Bracken Ridge, Deagon and Taigum are “worth a shot” for value seeking investors.
- Kedron and Chermside are the pick for attached housing, but opt for a townhouse rather than higher density apartments.
Brisbane’s southern suburbs also offered options for those looking to park their dollars on the other side of the river.
- Runcorn, Calamvale and Parkinson were the best options for houses.
- Calamvale was also the pick for townhouses.
On the whole, Herron Todd White said it was seeing evidence that the Brisbane property market was picking up the pace after some years coasting along in cruise control.
Looking to put your money to work? View our current listings for sale.