The increased demand has seen unit prices boom in some suburbs, and the popular north side suburb of Carseldine has clearly been attracting some mega attention.
Over the past year unit prices have grown a whopping 32 per cent, reports Yahoo Finance.
That puts it in the top #10 suburbs across all capital cities for price growth over the past 12 months.
We’re not surprised. Carseldine may not have the buzz of nearby Chermside or the bayside charm of suburbs five minutes’ east. But the ripple effect has clearly been at work.
It offers proximity to these retail and lifestyle hubs, while also offering great amenity in its own right. It has a train station, handy shops and a government employment hub, meaning you can work, live or commute in a very comfy suburb.
Check out the top #10 capital city suburbs with the largest price rises over the past 12 months:
- South Hedland, WA – $235,000 unit, up 55.6 per cent
- Parkhurst, Qld – $610,000 house, up 45.2 per cent
- Glenelg North, SA – $567,500 unit, up 43.7 per cent
- Cairns City, Qld – $575,000 unit, up 38.6 per cent
- Whyalla Playford, SA – $317,500 house, up 38 per cent
- Hindmarsh Island, SA – $801,000 house, up 33.5 per cent
- Barton, ACT – $835,000 unit, up 33.2 per cent
- Kadina, SA – $370,000 house, up 33 per cent
- Carseldine, Qld – $548,000 unit, up 32 per cent
- Airlie Beach, Qld – $500,000 unit, up 31.6 per cent
Looking for a hot spot? View our current listings for sale