The Queensland Tenancy Authority report named Northgate as Brisbane’s fourth cheapest suburb to rent a two-bedroom apartment, with an average rent of $313 per week, in the quarter to June 2018.
That’s an increase of $13 per week in comparison to the same quarter in 2016.
According to realestate.com.au, Bracken Ridge, Brighton, Deagon and Sandgate all tied for seventh place. Those suburbs had an average paid rent of $330 each week.
Banyo, Nudgee and Virginia rounded out 10th place, with a median rent of $340 per week.
Bald Hills was the only suburb to make it into the top 10 cheapest suburbs for renting a house, sitting at seventh place on the list. The average rent paid in Bald Hills for a three-bedroom house is $370.
Top tips for renting with pets:
- Ask! Check first with your landlord or real estate agent
- Keep records – have vaccination certificates and other paperwork handy
- Think of your pet – does your dog really want to live in a one-bedroom flat?
- Choose carefully – if you’re already renting, maybe a goldfish might be a better option than a cattle dog
- Get everything in writing
- Keep it clean – make sure you clean up after your pet
If you and your pet are looking for somewhere to live, take a look at our current listings for rent.