Here are some cosy tips, with some inspiration from Houzz, to help your house farewell the summer heat and celebrate the change of season inside and out.
- Plant a veggie patch. You’ll still enjoy some warm days to get things growing without that scorching summer sun wilting your seedlings at dawn.
- Display your home grown veges. Nothing shouts cooler weather quite like a pumpkin taking pride of place on kitchen hutch.
- Cushions, cushions and more cushions. Change up your colours to get some rusty autumn tones and get cosy on the couch as the weather gets cooler.
- Get outside during the day. As the sun eases from laser beam hot to a more palatable warm, get your family outside. If you can, move the TV or get a projector to make your own outdoor cinema for a sunset viewing.
- Install a fire pit. By the time winter swings around you’ll be glad you did.
- Embrace that mess of autumn leaves on the lawn. Raking endless leaves is not a great way to spend your weekend. Or is it? Houzz suggests you see the raking as therapeutic. Sounds like something Marie Kondo would say. Spark joy pretty leaves!