The Government has committed an extra 10,000 First Home Loan Deposit Scheme (FHLDS) places – but there are some new criteria.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The places are specifically for eligible first home buyers purchasing new homes.
- The places are available now for the 2020-21 financial year.
- New price caps apply. For Brisbane buyers, you’re looking at a max of $650,000.
- You can use the guarantee in conjunction with the HomeBuilder Grant, which provides eligible buyers with $25,000 towards a new home.
- Eligibility criteria apply to both the buyer and the home.
What kind of property can you buy? Eligible properties include:
- newly constructed dwellings (e.g. whether a freestanding house, townhouse or apartment)
- off-the-plan dwellings (e.g. whether a freestanding house, townhouse or apartment)
- house and land packages
- land and a separate contract to build a new home.
Are you eligible? The eligibility criteria for the New Home Guarantee is the same as for the FHLDS. Check out the full eligibility criteria on the FHLDS New Home Guarantee website.