This savvy saver didn’t slum it. She lived in Melbourne CBD apartments, a St Kilda mansion, and a Bali villa.
How did she do it?
If you guessed house sitting, you guessed right.
House sitting can be a great way to reduce your living expenses and turbo charge progress towards your savings goals.
Here are a few tips on how to make house sitting work for you.
- Start house sitting for your family and friends
- Advertise your house sitting availability through your social media networks
- Get references from your house sitting clients
- Connect with your inner caretaker and offer to look after pets or gardens
- Tap into websites like Aussie House Sitters
- Travel light to take advantage of short notice opportunities
- Stay single – or find a partner who will embrace your nomadic lifestyle
Saving for your first home? Contact us to find out what you can get for your money.