This week Justin shares his must know advice for first home buyers.
What you get for your money:
- First home buyers are looking in the $300,000 to $500,000 bracket.
- For a house, you won’t get closer to the city than Chermside West or Stafford. Kedron or Wavell Heights might be an outside chance for a total renovator on a main road or train line.
- For $400,000 to $500,000 you can get a townhouse or apartment in Nundah or Clayfield. Older units in six-pack complexes are like a market within a market. They typically sell in the $300,000 price bracket regardless of the suburb.
What you must know:
- Don’t be spooked by large numbers at open houses. If you like the property, make an offer.
- Mum and dad can be a good source of moral support but they won’t be the ones living in the property. Trust yourself.
What you must do:
- Be finance ready. Your main competition at the moment is from investors, so make sure you have your finance ready to go.
- Don’t second guess yourself. First home buyers can sometimes lack conviction in making a decision. But if you see a property you like, have a crack at it. Make your offer on a contract – don’t get into a conversation about it.
Want some advice? Contact us for a chat.