As we’ve often said, city and state wide averages mask the growth performance of the many local markets within those broader areas.
But don’t take our word for it. In recent months Your Investment Property magazine has tipped a number of Brisbane suburbs to outpace the market, including some gems on the north side of the river.
Here’s our top #5 picks for north side profits:
- Zillmere: This north side gem is “underrated” according to Hot Property Specialists buyer’s agent Zoran Solano. For under $500,000 buyers can purchase a house with good land content, within 15km of the CBD and enjoy healthy yields.
- Kedron: Located less than 10km from the city and close to Westfield Chermside this suburb could benefit from a proposed Coles redevelopment, according to Solano.
- Wavell Heights: Solano tips Wavell Heights for the same reasons as Kedron and you can get in for less with a median house price below $600,000.
- North Lakes: Domain chief economist Andrew Wilson reports seeing increased activity in this strong new-build area.
- Paddington: just 3km from the CBD this is an attractive spot for renters and owner occupiers according to Linda Phillips, head of research at Propell.
For more information read the Queensland Market Reports from June, July and August.