Here’s our top #5 favourites:
- Use outdoor fabric indoors. Outdoor fabrics have always been great for durability and now they look good enough to pair with the classiest of interiors.
- Coloured stainless steel. Tired of the surgical silver look? Try a black or bronze stainless steel finish instead. Houzz tells us these options are creating quite a buzz.
- Living rooms for families – not technology. Kids these days can spend hours on computers and iPads, but mum and dad are often just as guilty. Purge your living room of technology and reinstate family talk time.
- Brick splash backs and concrete counter tops – surprise! Houzz urges us to throw caution to the wind in 2016 and pair unusual materials in our kitchens.
- Attention seeking bedrooms. No need to play it safe in the bedroom either. Extend a feature wall to become a feature ceiling, and don’t stop at paint, incorporate wood panelling for extra warmth.
Want to keep your holiday vibe going a little longer? Make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and read Houzz full list of 25 Design Trends Coming to Homes Near You in 2016.