Adelaide snatched equal fifth place with Canada’s Calgary while Perth claimed seventh. But our beloved Brissie didn’t even crack to the top 10.
All we can conclude is that the boffins who compiled the list at the Economist Intelligence Unit are perhaps, with all due respect, not as intelligent as they think.
So we’ve compiled #5 reasons why Brisbane trumps Melbourne every time for liveability.
- We have a lovely thing called sunshine, you should try it sometime Melbourne.
- Our houses are way more affordable.
- Our Brisbane River is better than the Yarra. TripAdvisor doesn’t lie and our river ranks #4 in its list of things to do in Brissie while the Yarra only rates #29 amongst Melbourne’s attractions.
- Melbourne might have a grander casino for now, but that will all change with our CBD’s Queen’s Wharf Development.
- Last but not least, XXXX beer tastes better than VB, no doubt about it.