The Chinese or Lunar New Year is a time for appreciating, sharing and wishing for continued good fortune.
If you want to keep that good fortune cooking throughout 2020 try injecting a little positive energy into your home with a Feng Shui friendly entrance.
Of all Feng Shui fit-outs, the front door is the most important, says Houzz.
Add a touch of water, a splash of red and some curve appeal (straight lines are a no-no) and you’ll be positively humming into 2020.
Here are #5 inspiring ideas to get your front door positively bursting with good fortune.
- Place potted plants either side of your front door to ward off negative energy. Bamboo is a great option and so is the fortuitously named money plant.
- Install an outdoor water feature positioned to tell the universe you are ready to receive wealth and prosperity. Make it a bird bath and you’ll be showering feathered friends with good will too.
- Your choice of door is important. A solid door is best. Timber is better than steel. Red paint is the proverbial cherry on top.
- Create a space to leave your shoes outside as a symbol of you leaving your worldly concerns at the door. Cleaner floors mean you’ll also be free of the worldly concern that is mopping.
- Create a curved path to your front door, ideally through a leafy garden to filter just the right amount of positive energy into your life.