This includes top spots for unit buyers and house hunters, where cheap meets cheerful in a very buyable way.
The PRDnationwide Affordable and Liveable Property Guide reveals the affordable and liveable suburbs within a 20 kilometre radius of Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne CBD, reports The Urban Developer.
“Overall the report shows that there are more opportunities and greater affordability for first home buyers particularly in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane,” says PRD Nationwide national research manager Dr Asti Mardiasmo.
Not surprisingly Brisbane offers the best “bang for buck”.
Some 42 per cent of Brisbane suburbs offer good first time buying for under $500,000, the report says.
Check out the #6 suburbs, median prices, and distance from the CBD, where first timers have high chances of matching affordability and amenity.
- Nudgee, houses, $627,000, 13km
- Everton Park, houses, $602,000, 10.8km
- Doolandella, houses, $490,000, 17km
- Parkinson, units, $405,000, 19km
- Herston, units, $390,000, 3km
- Wynnum West, units, $345,000, 18.5km