The luxury home in Belmore Terrace, Sunshine Beach, was snapped up by an interstate buyer before it even hit the market. One inspection was all it took for an unconditional offer. Aha, mic drop.
The second biggest sale was a millionaires’ row mansion on the Gold Coast’s Hedges Avenue which Clive Palmer secured for $12 million, reports news.com.au… still cheaper than his re-election campaign.
While the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast dominated the list of mega sales last financial year, inner Brisbane also saw its fair share of prestige property activity.
New Farm, unsurprisingly, featured heavily. A 941 square metre riverfront block on Maxwell Street, with development approval, sold for a whopping $8.5 million.
The $7.75 million sale of 39 Griffith Street New Farm set a new auction record. The buyer? Ben Seymour, yep grandson of Kevin and if you don’t know who they are, just consider them property development royalty.
Clayfield and Chelmer also took out spots on last year’s top #20.
And now, just one month into the new financial year, the top end of town is already forecasting an even bigger year ahead.
“…a prestige property drought is creating a buyer’s market in Brisbane,” news.com.au reports. “With a renewed sense of urgency and a shortage of top end homes set to drive up prices in the new financial year.”
Check out the top #20 reported home sales in southeast Queensland in 2018/19:
- 2 Belmore Tce Sunshine Beach $14m
- 9-11 Hedges Ave Mermaid Beach $12m
- 3 Sir Lancelot Cl Paradise Point $11.05m
- 13 Natasha Ave Noosa Heads $10.17m
- 8-10 Marseilles Ct Sorrento $9m
- 31-33 Maxwell St New Farm $8.5m
- 7/3533 Main Beach Pde Main Beach $8.25m
- 3 Brittanic Cres Paradise Point $8.25m
- 45 Witta Circle Noosa Heads $8m
- 22-24 Admiralty Dr Surfers Paradise $7.975m
- 39 Griffith St New Farm $7.75m
- 311 Monaco St Broadbeach Waters $7.5m
- 11/37 ‘La Mer’ Hastings St Noosa Heads $7.2m
- 54 Noosa Pde Noosa Heads $7.1m
- 119B Botanica Dr Woodwark $7.08m
- 1A Yacht St Southport $7m
- 150 Adelaide Street East Clayfield $7m
- 45 Knightsbridge Parade West Sovereign Islands $6.98m
- 65 Longman Tce Chelmer $6.6m
- 27 The Esplanade Sunshine Beach $6.5m