According to Houzz, there are a few essentials that every kitchen needs:
- An island bench – these have really become a must have for kitchens in recent years.
- Storage, storage and more storage – a home can never have enough storage, particularly for all those kitchen gadgets
- Nice bench tops – it’s the first thing a potential buyer will notice about your kitchen
- Choose your colour palette wisely – not everyone wants a rainbow coloured kitchen! Choose a neutral palette and use furniture like bar stools or appliances like the kettle and toaster for pops of colour
- Quality appliances – no home is complete without a decent oven
- Good lighting – not sure about lighting? Call in the experts, it’s a decision you won’t regret.
And if all that sounds pretty expensive, there are ways to renovate your kitchen on a budget.
Refacing your old cabinets and adding new handles will freshen the whole room right up. And don’t forget, anyone can pick up a paintbrush. A new coat of paint on the walls, or even a new splash back above the sink can make all the difference.
If you’re thinking about a change of location, contact our team about selling.