This week Justin shares his must know advice for families needing more space for the kids, the grandparents or any other loved ones under the same roof.
What you get for your money:
- The growing family is likely to find a 1960s style post war home too small and too expensive to renovate, so you’re looking at somewhere like Aspley which has newer, larger homes. For $600,000 to $700,000 you can get a 4 to 5 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms, living areas, outdoor areas and pretty much anything you need for a growing family.
- For $700,000 to $800,000 you can get all of this plus more modern touches – like a media room – in somewhere like Aspley Grove.
- Not many homes here sell for above $900,000, with the exception of the occasional dual living dwelling. At that price bracket buyers will tend to consider homes closer to the city.
What you must know:
- Aspley is a popular area for families. It offers a choice of schools and it has a very well serviced commercial and retail hub with good public transport connections. But stock is limited so expect competition.
What you must do:
- Buyers need to be finance ready to beat their competition. Take a leap of faith and put your own house on the market first. When it sells, negotiate a long settlement date – even 4 to 6 months – so you have time to find your next place. Also have a rental back up plan.
Want some advice? Contact us for a chat.