As Queensland and New South Wales do battle on the footy field (we all know who’ll win) we’re also going state against state, mate against mate in our own match up of Australia’s east coast rivals.
Which state would you prefer to call home? Here are #5 reasons why we’d rather be a cane toad than a cockroach:
- A Big Pineapple beats a Big Banana any day. Don’t ask why. It just does.
- Queensland is where the Home & Away and Neighbours characters move when they tire of Summer Bay and Ramsay Street.
- Queensland is home to the Whitsunday’s Whitehaven Beach which TripAdvisor rated in the world’s top #25 beaches in its 2017 Travellers’ Choice awards… Bondi was nowhere to be seen.
- Here in Brisbane we get an extra sunlight hour in winter compared to Sydney – oh, and a ridiculous number of sunny days each year too.
- Winners are grinners. Since its inception, the Maroons have won 20 State of Origin series compared to NSW’s 13.
Not convinced? Here’s the clincher.
- Check out our state’s capital city house prices on CoreLogic. You’ll pick up a beautiful Brissie home for roughly half the price you’ll pay for a slice of Sydney. Mic drop.
So if you like affordability with your sunshine and pineapples, Queensland is the hands down winner for you.