The saviours at Houzz have these useful tips to transport your pool back to its last-summer glory days.
- Start with water quality. Use a test kit to make sure the pH level is within the recommended range, testing from elbow deep water. Re-balance with recommended products from your local pool shop, then keep up your chlorine regime.
- Automate maintenance. Didn’t enjoy step one? Talk to your pool shop about automated and robotic cleaning aids so you can spend more time lazing, less time cleaning.
- Spring clean while you still can. Scrub and brush algae, dirt and dust from the pool and surrounding surfaces to give it a gleam.
- Safety test and check. Walk the perimeter of your pool fence, check the gate and make sure pots, seats and anything climb-able stays clear of the fence line. Make sure you have a resuscitation chart.
- Get creative with a pool house. Want to keep kids occupied even longer? Consider building a pool house. If you’ve got the budget, bring in the experts for a luxe poolside makeover. But if you’re a DIY lover, consider converting an old shed with a weekend trip to Bunnings.