This week Justin shares his must know advice for down-sizers seeking to simplify life and find a smaller place to call home after the flock has flown the nest.
What you get for your money:
- Down-sizers have a range of north side options starting in the mid to high $300,000 price range for a 3 bedroom villa in suburbs like Fitzgibbon or Taigum.
- Apartment lovers can look to Chermside where 2 bedrooms will be priced in the $400,000s, and 3 bedrooms can go from $500,000 to $600,000. Beyond that price range, buyers tend to look closer to the city.
- For buyers seeking the retiree lifestyle, you could consider a purpose built community like Wheller Gardens. You can expect to pay around $450,000 to $500,000 for a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment, or $550,000 to $600,000 for 3 bedrooms. Some larger penthouse style properties will sell for $600,000 to $700,000.
What you must know:
- Most down-sizers will want to buy subject to the sale of their existing property. But you can expect competition in the popular down-sizer market so buyers who are finance ready have an advantage.
What you must do:
- Selling the family home is 80 per cent preparation and 20 per cent activation. Get us out to your home early for advice on getting it market ready. Then when you find your dream down-sized property we can have your existing house on the market in a couple of days.