There are a range of factors that can influence your sale time. As we reported earlier this month, location can have a huge effect, with homes in local ‘burbs like Everton Park, Chermside West and Stafford Heights flying out the door in just over a month.
But whether you’re in a speed-selling suburb or an in-it-for-the-long-haul locale, there are things you can do to maximise your chance of getting the fastest sale possible.
Try these #7 tips:
- Be realistic about your pricing. Set it too high and you’ll be waiting for a pay day that might never arrive.
- Make your house look like a show home with professional photographs, highlighting its best features and inviting buyers to turn up in droves.
- Market your home wisely. Talk to you agent about who is likely to buy your home (an investor or a young family?) and make sure your online or print advertising is pitched to your target market.
- Give your home a makeover inside and out, freshening up paint and tidying up gardens can give your home an instant lift.
- Keep it clean, de-cluttered and neutralize overly personal décor so potential buyers can see themselves living in your home.
- Superstitious? Try scattering coins around the living room as they do in the Philippines or place the lucky number 7 in your asking price.
- Religious? Try the St Joseph Home Seller kit, available on Amazon (seriously!) and tap into a long tradition of praying to the father of Jesus and husband of Mary to bless you with a sale.